Debian/wheezy includes a bunch of packages for people interested in digital forensics. The packages maintained within the Debian Forensics team which are shipped with the upcoming Debian/wheezy stable release for the first time in a Debian release are:
- dc3dd: patched version of GNU dd with forensic features
- extundelete: utility to recover deleted files from ext3/ext4 partition
- rephrase: Specialized passphrase recovery tool for GnuPG
rkhunter: rootkit, backdoor, sniffer and exploit scanner(see comments)
- rsakeyfind: locates BER-encoded RSA private keys in memory images
- undbx: Tool to extract, recover and undelete e-mail messages from .dbx files
Join the #newinwheezy game and present packages which are new in Debian/wheezy.